|Dates||See my public calendar for open classes or trainer availability|
|Cost||325 $/person including muffins and lunch onsite|
|Where||Onsite, or in a lab at INIS (métro Berri-UQAM)|
|The cost presumes this activity will be delivered in your organisation with your hardware/network and a minimum of 6 people participate.|
- Tech support specialist,
- Teacher, resource personnel,
- Manager, director
(This is not an Apple authorized training) You need to provide software technical support to your iOS mobile users. This very practical workshop will give you knowledge and good practices for offering a quality software support to your iPhones, iPads and their users. The goals of this 1-day training :
- Revise the iOS interface and hardware usage,
- Practice troubleshooting and issue resolves on mobiles,
- Manage an Apple ID, AppStore, apps, network connections, more…
- Already be comfortable with mobile tech,
- Have experience in computer support.
iOS – usage
- Pad terminology (ports, hardware, buttons, holes)
- Manage settings and customizations
- Multilingual keyboards, accents, shortcuts, tips
- Use and manage text and images (select, copy, paste, dictionnaries)
- Safari – navigation tips
- Sharing files (iTunes, AirDrop, email, cloud…)
- AppStore, searching, get and install apps
- Presenting your iPad on a TV/projector, wirelessly via AppleTV and AirPlay, or with an HDMI cable
- Install/remove a configuration profile (MDM)
- Get and apply Apple’s iOS updates
- Sync, backup and restore your mobile via iTunes or iCloud
- 5 first techniques to try and resolve a software issue
- ± recent hardware vs. iOS feature limitations
- Possible resets available
- Settings and battery life
- iOS security, quick look
Please note this is not a course on hardware repairs and fixing, also not a lecture on mass deployment and management techniques (MDM).
The day goes like this
- 8:00 to 16:00, or 13:00 to 21:00
- You must supply a recent Apple mobile for each student, preferably;
- Concepts and demos in front, practice immediately, Q&A
- Personalized interventions.
Hardware and other equipment needs if delivered on-site :
For the mobiles :
- Stable WiFi has to be easily accessible in the classroom;
- TV/projector with HDMI connection, AppleTV (I can bring mine);
- Devices are up to date with recent system, regular apps and USB cable/charger
- A recent iCloud or iTunes backup had been done, please do not come in class with a 64 GB mobile full of personal stuff – – WE ERASE DEVICES HERE.
For the students :
- a recent Mac or PC with iTunes installed;
- email will already be configures on the mobiles;
- An Apple ID and password are necessary for each participant, credit card or not, and it must be known;
- If Two-factor authentication is enabled, please have on hand the other mobile/computer so you can go through authentication requests;
- If a passcode is enabled, they must know it
Many web references will be provided to students with important troubleshooting resources and tutorials to follow-up.
You can enroll, or hire me, via email at the top of this page.
Emploi Québec certificates are delivered to all participants.
Fun and creativity assured.
Apple Certified Trainer
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Apple Certified Support Professional